What is electric violin?
It is an instrument which produces sound electronically. This instrument produces sound louder than any other instrument. The sound produced from this instrument can also be tweaked. It is very good for the one who wants to play music with amplified bands.
How to choose
Choosing the right violin is a very challenging work, you need to go through all the factors before buying it from cost to quality everything needs to be studied thoroughly before making the decision. The basic factor that you must go through before buying it is that, what the violin is made of, its shape. You need to check the playability, its sound and all the other basic qualities. Before buying you need to do proper market research, compare the price from different retailers or from different online site.
Factors that determine the quality
- Design – electric violin comes in different shapes. Before choosing you must check all its designs. This will help u get an idea before you go out to the market for buying violin.
- Sound- before paying the bills you must check which kind of sound does this instrument gives. Is the tone produced from that violin is darker, neutral, or brighter? We would suggest you to buy the violin which has a baseline tone that will give u a sense of satisfaction and be pleasant to you when you are playing the music.
- Cost- generally the tone of the violin goes better with the price. Cost and tone are generally said to be directly proportional.
Types of violins available in the market-
- Acoustic- as the name signifies this kind of best electric violin produces sound acoustically and the sound can also be electronically amplified. This violin has a very small device in it known as Pick-Ups which convert the physical vibration into an electrical signal.
- Silent practice violin- the name be sounding weird but don’t go by the literal meaning as the violin does not produces a silent sound, it has headphone jacks attached to it which helps a person to do their practice and therefore helps in maintaining peace with their neighbours.
- Pure electric violin- if you are a professional and want to do recording then you must go for this pure electronic violin. This violin has a modified look unlike the traditional one.
- Frets- there are some electric violins which have strips just like in guitars. Frets provide visual guide to the player which is helpful when a person in a loud or crowded place.
Now you know it is not easy to buy best electric violin you need to go through various factors and all your needs that will help in taking you this tough decision. It is a choice that you will have to make because you cannot be a good violin player if you do not choose the right instrument at the very first stage only. Choosing the best electric violin is the very first step that you will make by entering into the musical world.